One of my favorite themes for a little boy’s room is the log cabin kids rustic bedroom theme. This was the choice of my son, Dakota, and we had a lot of fun achieving the “lodge” look for his room. What I liked best about it was that it was suitable for a young boy, but works just as well for an older boy. There is a lot of room for creativity with a rustic style theme room. Lots of boys like to camp out, go hiking, fish and explore the outdoors. The room can be created to feel like your child is experiencing a wilderness adventure every night! Some design tips and suggestions are as follows:
1.There are so many options for bedding that are suitable with a rustic look, such as comforter sets that feature bear, moose, elk, deer and camping scenery. Log cabin quilts are another option, and there are numerous log cabin and rustic theme quilts available. Denim fabric or plaid flannel patterns for bedding and linens can also be used. For my son’s room, we used a solid print earth tone comforter, a beautiful rustic coverlet with moose in a fall scene, and an assortment of throw cushions with wildlife and Navaho prints.
2. Rustic wood beds, heavy timber-look bed frames or handcrafted log beds work the best for the rustic bedroom theme.
3. Walls can be painted in earth tone colors, such as tan, rust, copper, or warm shades of brown. A color scheme of red and hunter green contrasts well with wood tones. Choose a color from the bedding if possible, or a complimentary contrasting color. Wall paper borders are available with everything from bear, moose, elk, camping scenes, snowshoes, forests and trees, and trout. Another fun option is to use log wallpaper. This works best if it is run partially up the wall. The paint above can be a neutral crème or tan color, to prevent the room from looking to dark. Wood paneling or rough-sawn plywood panels can also be used. Try painting log ‘beams’ on the ceiling.
4. A stone fireplace running up the length of one wall creates a cozy feel. Fake stone can also be purchased. Wall art can be purchased with wilderness scenes, animals, the woods etc. Photos can be cut out from books or magazines, framed, and hung on the walls, or clustered together in groups on dressers and bookshelves. We used prints by Bev Doolittle for my son’s room, as we both loved the color and scenery. Stock photos can be purchased online of bear, moose and deer, for a minimal price. They can be printed and framed. Rough frames can be made by hand. Small tree branches can be used as curtain rods.
5. Use stuffed animals, such as beaver, bear, moose, elk, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons and owls. Throw pillows with the same animals can be used on the bed or grouped together on the floor. Hang fake geese in mid flight from the ceilings. Use old trunks to store toys.
6. Try painting an outdoor scene on the wall, or purchase a wall mural of the forest. This can then have a ‘window frame’ applied to the surrounding edges. Accessories can include: vintage signs, country cabin or wildlife area rugs, rustic lighting and decorative lanterns.
7. Wooden furniture works the best in the log cabin theme room. Use simple squared-off furniture in oak, pine or rustic furniture. Vintage household items, fishing lures, canoe paddles, or a set of weathered snowshoes can be hung on the wall. Canoe bookshelves work well in this space.
Log Cabin Theme Bedroom
Kids Tent Twin Bed This imaginative platform bed boasts real outdoor appeal with its rustic design and a canopy that’s reminiscent of mountain peaks. Add a mattress to the built-in trundle to accommodate overnight guests, or use it for underbed storage. [read more]
With a hopscotch pattern featuring large panels of woven fabrics in shades of navy, tan, sage, burgundy, mustard, cream, and pumpkin finished with vertical diamond quilting, the Lake Retreat Quilt – Twin is the perfect addition to a rustic bedroom.
Take a look at this gorgeous twin bunkbed! The Twin over Twin Barnwood Bunkbed with Bear Carvings is the perfect space saver made from recycled, eco-friendly barnwood with black bear carvings on the footboards. Rustic headboard and footboard come fully assembled. Includes all supports, hardware, ladder and instructions. Made in the USA.
Tree House Bed A magical retreat for your child, this bunk bed evokes the spirit and appeal of an outdoor tree fort. The top bed sits inside a classic house frame, with open windows for a lookout and a sturdy ladder for access. [read more]
If you are looking for rustic and farmhouse Christmas wreaths - this is the post for you! I've compiled 10 of the most beautiful wreaths for 2022. From stunning farmhouse magnolia wreaths to rustic Tahoe wreaths with leafy boughs of pine and intertwined antlers. Here you'll find farmhouse Christmas wreaths with large brown magnolia leaves that add depth and color as well as large farmhouse-style linen bows. Christmas trees aren’t the only way to adding natural botanical decor to your holiday home. Real and faux Christmas wreaths & garlands can be used inside your home and outdoors to add a festive feel with all the beauty of seasonal leaves and flowers.
The holidays are all about entertaining and if you’re planning a holiday feast this Christmas, the table should be as memorable as the menu. Whether you’re planning a tablescape for two or hosting an intimate dinner party, setting the scene for a celebratory night can be simplified with a few key ingredients. Here you’ll find stunning Christmas tablescape ideas – from Christmas centerpieces to how to layer linen, serving ware, table decor, and textiles. When it comes to the holiday season, taking time to create a beautiful environment makes all the difference in the experience of gathering.
Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year and infuse your sanctuary with holiday spirit. This post covers a wide variety of Christmas bedroom ideas, including tips on how to create rustic, farmhouse and kids holiday bedrooms. When it comes to Christmas bedroom décor, you can’t go wrong with the addition of seasonal ornaments, sumptuous fabrics and twinkling festive lights. Whether you plan on purchasing Christmas bedding or just adding a few holiday touches, here you will find beautiful vibrant images of bedrooms that celebrate the Christmas spirit.
This rustic Christmas home tour was inspired by the design work of Ken Fulk, who is renowned for his layered interiors, high-concept hospitality brands and unforgettable parties. Ken Fulk grew up surrounded by beautiful, rural landscapes in Virginia justifying the designer’s passion for snowy wonderlands and sung hearth sides. He has appointed himself as master of ceremonies for his family’s holiday celebrations and it's easy to see why. For favorite clients, Ken Fulk not only crafts a cozy guesthouse in the Montana mountains, but also oversees an array of holiday festivities—proving he is as much impresario as decorator.
This stunning ranch style house is perched high on a hilltop and nestled among the trees claiming its rightful place on a scenic 200-acre property in Texas. The owner desired an ample yet understated home with natural and simple architectural expression that would blend effortlessly into the landscape that surrounds it. Heavy timber columns and stone walls ground the home to the site. Reclaimed siding and simple barn-like structures give the architecture a sense of history and regional belonging. Referencing the owner’s love of the old west, many of the interior walls showcase the same stone and wood that is on the exterior of the home. This gesture alludes to a time when materials were not mass produced but simply gathered from the area and formed as needed.
This post features tours of beautiful country homes designed by Beth Webb, an internationally recognized interior designer admired for her tactile, serene, and dynamic spaces. Beth believes beauty only works if it is calibrated by ease, and that elegance is rooted in simplicity. “Texture is my color palette,” says Beth, who uses a variety of materials and objects to create interest in a room. She mingles sinuous profiles with hard lines, juxtaposing masculine and feminine silhouettes to create compelling, sensual spaces. Layered light is another crucial element bringing a sense of warmth, romance and contentment to Beth’s interiors.