Cowgirl Theme Bedrooms: What little girl wouldn’t adore a magical room filled with horses and ponies? A cowgirl bedroom theme is simple to create, and the possibilities are endless. It’s a perfect theme for a room to dream, play and grow in for girls who love horses and the outdoors. This design can easily be achieved through several different approaches. One by incorporating the look and feel of the old west with a rustic flare, or by creating an environment that lends itself to soft pastels, pastures, meadows, butterflies, flowers, and whimsical objects depicting a farm- like atmosphere.
Before beginning a cowgirl theme bedroom, it is a good idea to choose the cowgirl bedding set prior to the colour of paint and accessories that will be included. There are many horse and pony quilts, comforters and bedding sets available, in a wide variety of patterns. Most horse bedding for little girl’s is in soft muted colours, such as pale pink, lavenders, yellow, or meadow green. These colours work well in creating a pony pasture room.
Another option is to purchase a solid comforter or quilt set, and add giant western pillows with sheets and shams in cowgirl prints. Cowgirl bedding is also available in earth tones, such as shades of brown and beige to darker rustic and rich tones which are perfect for a south-western feel. Indigo blue or bright red can provide a bold look, and brings in a real cowgirl feel as they are both colours of standard bandanas. Blue tones provide a denim look. You simply need to figure out the approach you would like to take, and build from there.
Creative Design Ideas for Cowgirl Theme Bedrooms:
Once the bedding has been chosen, it’s time to select a wall paint colour. I suggest bringing a pillow sham or the complete bedding set into the paint store with you when viewing samples. Once the walls are painted, a cowgirl, western, south-western or horse theme wallpaper border can be added. Other options include pony wall stencils, murals, or hand-painted pasture scenes with horses, barns, flowers, and a picket fence.
For those not wanting to paint, you can also purchase stick on wall decals or wallpaper murals. A creative idea is to paint or apply a purchased mural of an outdoor scene and add a wood frame with shutters around it to depict a window.
Creative Design Ideas for Cowgirl Theme Bedrooms:
I’ve broken this down into two separate categories: Rustic Cowgirl Western Design and Pastel Pony Pasture
Pastel Pony Pasture Design:
1. For this approach, think of subtle pinks, greens and lavenders. Fabric choices can include white lace, ginghams, checks, plaids, pink and white stripes, soft green meadows tones, with sweet little ponies. This look is most appealing to younger girls and incorporates an equestrian feel to the room. Use the colour of the bedding for inspiration for wall paint.
2. A great way to add artwork is by browsing through pictures of horses, farms and ponies in pastures online and in magazines. Artwork is fun to incorporate into a child’s room and should reflect the colour of the bedding as well. There is lots of artwork available for little girl’s rooms that can be purchased online.
Another option, is to simply print photos found online, and purchase simple frames to put them in. I did this for my own children, and was very happy with the result. I used photos from www.istockphoto.com, as there is a huge selection to choose from, and many of the photos run for $1.00 and up. Again, here is another fun way to include your child in the design process. If they are looking for ponies, rolling meadows or equestrian events, simply type this in, and there are hundreds of options to choose from.
Vector images are great for cartoon type characters, such as simply drawn ponies. If you are handy with Adobe Photoshop or a similar program, you can change colours in the images, add text (such as their name or inspiring quote), or put a collage together using several photos. I usually purchase the frames from Ikea, and often paint the frames to match a colour in the bedding or image. Even a child’s favourite book with horses and ponies can be converted into artwork for their wall. Paint by number kits readily available, and are another fun option that allows your child to be directly involved in the design process.
3. Get creative with championship ribbons. Incorporate a white picket fence with flowers and butterflies. A picket fence really compliments the pony pasture theme, creating a country inspired look to the room. There are several options available in creating a picket fence. You can use real fence posts painted white, hand paint a picket fence onto the wall, or apply a WALLIES pre-pasted, vinyl cut-out of a fence. Real fence posts can be painted white, and attached section by section to the wall. A soft rose colour wall paint goes beautifully behind the fence section with a soft yellow or neutral colour above. Large paper flowers can be wound around the posts. Faux-painted grass, butterflies and ladybugs can then be painted randomly. It creates a very whimsical and soft look to the room.
4. Classic white furniture looks wonderful with this theme. You can decoupage ponies, horseshoes, and cowgirl hats onto a dresser – or border around a mirror. Try hand painting a dresser letting the fabrics, artwork and bedding inspire you. Log or wood furniture can be a perfect addition.
5. A carpet in a soft grass green colour or rosy pink that compliments the walls and bedding is a nice touch. A neutral colour also blends in well and won’t detract from wall art and other decor.
6. You can purchase pony curtains and holdbacks. I think that sheer white curtains fluttering the breeze, teamed with a gingham valence provides a stunning effect.
7. Create a barn feel with wood grain or log wallpaper to create the look and feel of a stable. Paint the closet to look like a barn door. Add old saddles, real horse tackle, and other equestrian related objects throughout the room. 8. Use decorative accents such as horse themed clocks, novelty pony or horseshoe drawer knobs and pulls, models of horses, little cowgirl boots and horseshoes hanging on the wall. Add hats, spurs and bandanas to shelves. Bookends can be made from cowboy boots.
Florals abound in the Abbie Western Paisley Quilt Set, which features a traditional western floral and paisley motif. Paseo Road has created it in two different color options so you can choose the one that best fits your home: Abbie Gray and Abbie Teal. Abbie Gray has warm tones that layer well with lighter-toned linens and quilts. Meanwhile, Abbie Teal adds pops of both warm and cool colors to your bedroom and is easy to layer with both cool and jewel-toned accessories.
If you have a western princess in your home, perhaps this sweet bedding set is on her Christmas list! The pink and blue quilt has floral squares with horses throughout. Choose some fun and girly throw pillows to make her room something special.
This bedding is perfect for your little cowgirl! Images of horses in hot pink, turquoise, and pale pink run across the quilt. Reverse for a colorful mixture of trotting horses, diamonds, florals and stripes.
Rustic Cowgirl Western Design
1. For a south-western rustic approach, purchase or paint a wall mural of a western scene with wild horses. Frame it with rough boards to depict a “window” surrounding the view. Create a western feel through the use of western, south-western, Native American, or Navaho area rugs. Use western blankets and throws over a chair or bed. Use two western blankets or throws, and convert them into curtains.
2. Log beds and rustic furniture work well in rustic cowgirl theme bedrooms. Another option is standard wood furniture, in a natural stain or white. You can purchase twisted wire or western drawer pulls to dress it up. Search for rustic, rugged unpainted wood basics for bedroom furniture, and apply a simple varnish or stain. Use a rustic country shelf as a wall accent. You can purchase wooden shelves at crafts stores. The shelf can be painted in a coordinating colour to the room. Lightly sand edges to create a worn rugged look. Replace light switch covers with western style covers, in cow or horse prints.
3. Find western scenes, cowboys, horses, in magazines and books. They can be cut out and framed and hung on the walls, or clustered in small groups on dressers. Think wild horses, old worn out saddles, teepees, horseshoes, and old west and rodeo scenes. Include horse tackle, riding equipment, an old leather riding helmet and riding crop, boots with spurs etc.- Have your child help you!
4. Some accessories to consider: vintage western boxes, western clocks, cowboy and cowgirl light switch covers, rustic hardware, rustic mirrors, western and rustic lighting, rustic throw rugs, a lasso, saddles, spurs, vintage or rustic picture frames, old guitars, sheriff badges, lanterns, cowgirl hats, faux animal hide. Take an old lamp, and apply rope to the base, keeping rope well away from light source, and add a bandana fabric lampshade in blue or red.
5. Use a pencil and loosely write your child’s name on the wall. Apply glue, and glue a twisted rope onto the lettering.
A well-designed and inviting guest bedroom ensures visitors feel comfortable and relaxed. Here, we will explore the essentials of transforming an ordinary guest room into a tranquil retreat. Firstly, comfortable bedding is paramount. Invest in high-quality sheets, pillows, and a cozy duvet to give your guests a restful night's sleep. Next, focus on incorporating soothing colors and textures into the room. Soft neutrals, calming blues, and plush fabrics will create a serene ambiance. To enhance the overall experience, consider adding thoughtful touches such as blackout curtains to promote uninterrupted sleep and a variety of pillows to cater to different preferences. It's also important to provide ample storage space for your guests, including a luggage rack, hangers, and empty drawers. Lastly, pay attention to the more minor details. Fresh flowers, scented candles, and a selection of books or magazines will help create a welcoming atmosphere. By following these guidelines, you can create a guest bedroom that will leave a lasting impression on your visitors.
Transforming a girl's bedroom into a relaxing and functional space is a delightful journey that combines creativity, practicality, and comfort. Whether your little princess dreams of a fairytale-inspired sanctuary or a trendsetting oasis, these expert design tips will help you bring her vision to life. Creating a serene ambiance is key to fostering a sense of tranquility and relaxation in a girl's bedroom. Soft pastel hues, gentle lighting, and soothing textures can set the mood for a peaceful retreat. Incorporating practical elements, such as ample storage solutions and versatile furniture, ensure functionality without sacrificing style. By balancing aesthetics with functionality, you can create a space that reflects your daughter's unique personality while meeting her everyday needs. Join us as we delve into girls' bedroom design, uncover expert tips, and showcase inspiring ideas that strike the perfect balance between relaxation and functionality. Get ready to create a space where dreams come true!
As the leaves start to change and the air turns cooler, it's the perfect time to start thinking about creating a cozy fall tablescape. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or want to bring warmth and comfort to your home, a well-designed tablescape can set the mood and create a beautiful focal point. But where should you start? With so many options and styles, it can be overwhelming. That's where this ultimate guide comes in. We'll take you through everything you need to know to create a stunning fall tablescape that impresses your guests and makes your home feel inviting and cozy. From choosing the right colors and textures to picking the perfect centerpieces and accents, we've got you covered. So grab a pumpkin spice latte and get ready to create a tablescape that will be the envy of all your friends.
Whether you're a fan of traditional autumnal colors or prefer a more modern approach, there are countless ways to add some seasonal charm to your outdoor spaces. Fall decorations can be stylish and functional, from pumpkin displays to wreaths and everything in between. Not only do they add curb appeal to your home, but they also create a warm and inviting atmosphere for guests and passersby alike. So, let's explore some creative ideas to help you make the most of your front porch this fall season. Get ready to be inspired and transform your outdoor entrance into a cozy, inviting space that celebrates the beauty of autumn. Decorating your front porch for fall is an easy and affordable way to add seasonal charm, warmth, and coziness to your home. It's a great way to welcome the change of season and create a beautiful ambiance for your family and guests. Plus, sharing the design process with loved ones can be a fun and creative activity!
Are you dreaming of the perfect kitchen island design that combines functionality and style? Here, you'll find the ultimate guide to choosing the ideal kitchen island design. Whether you have a small space or a spacious kitchen, we've covered you with design options that will transform your cooking area into a stunning focal point. From contemporary and sleek designs to rustic and farmhouse-inspired styles, we'll explore the latest trends and timeless classics, helping you find the perfect match for your kitchen. We will also delve into the benefits of different materials, countertop options, and storage solutions to maximize the functionality of your kitchen island. Not only will a well-designed kitchen island enhance the overall aesthetics of your space, but it will also provide additional workspace, seating, and storage options. So, whether you're a culinary enthusiast or simply looking to upgrade your kitchen, stay tuned for our comprehensive guide on choosing the perfect kitchen island design that suits your taste and lifestyle.
The autumn season is upon us, and what better way to embrace the changing colors and cooler weather than to transform your home into a cozy and inviting rustic haven? Whether you live in a bustling city or quaint countryside, these fall decor ideas will bring warmth and charm to any living space. The possibilities are endless, from incorporating natural elements such as wood and stone to adding cozy textiles like wool and flannel. With creativity and inspiration, you can create a relaxing autumnal oasis that feels like a warm hug on a chilly day. So, let's get started and explore some of the best fall decor ideas to transform your home into a rustic haven this season. Transitioning your home for fall doesn't have to be a complete overhaul, as a few touches can have a strong visual impact. Here are a few ideas for bringing a festive feel to your home for the upcoming holiday season.